News & Announcements
Subscribe to the mailing list to receive notifications via e-mail when new Court of King's Bench announcements are posted. See: Archive of announcements released by the Court. See: Stories about the Court.
Changes to Urgent Matters Chambers - Effective September 6, 2022
Effective September 6, 2022, the following types of applications will no longer be heard in Urgent Matters Chambers (UMC) but will be heard in Regular Chambers (Civil Chambers for Civil matters and Family Chambers for Family Matters) at the start of the list:
1) Consent Orders – Consent Orders related to protection orders will continue to be heard in UMC. For all other Consent Orders, Counsel/Parties have the option of appearing in Chambers or submitting their Consent Order by desk application;
2) Fiats – all applications for Fiats will be heard in Chambers and must be made on notice to the opposing party;
3) Adjournment of Regular Civil, Family and Applications Judge Chambers Applications
- all urgent applications for adjournments of Family, Civil and Applications Judge chambers applications (less than five dates from the scheduled chambers date) will be heard in Chambers.
- all applications for adjournments of Family, Civil and Applications Judge chambers applications more than 5 days can continue to be submitted via the online form available here: https://albertacourts.ca/qb/court-operations-schedules/adjournment
Urgent Without Notice Applications will continue to be heard in Urgent Matters Chambers.