Due to a power outage in the Calgary Courts Centre, no access will be permitted October 14, 15 and 16. Emergency applications will be dealt with by a Queen's Bench Justice sitting at the Court of Appeal at:
TransCanada Pipelines Tower
450 - 1st St. S.W.
All other matters scheduled for appearances during those days will be dealt with as follows:
1. All Justice and Masters chambers (Motions Court) matters will be adjourned sine die
2. All civil trials not yet commenced will be adjourned sine die
3. All civil trial continuations must be rescheduled with the trial judge
4. All JDRs and case management meetings must be rescheduled
5. All Review and Assessment hearings will be rescheduled.
1. All summary conviction appeals and bail estreatments scheduled for October 16 will be put over to Criminal Appearance Court on Friday, October 24, 2014, in courtroom #1102, at 9:30 am.
2. Any other criminal matters in progress will be spoken to at the Court of Appeal,located at 450 1st Street S.W. on Tuesday, October 14, 2014, commencing at 10:00 a.m.
For urgent inquiries only, call (403) 297 7235
Sunday, October 12, 2014
We are pleased to announce the following appointments effective June 13, 2014:
The Honourable Larry R.A. Ackerl - is appointed a Justice of the Court of Queen's Bench in Edmonton. He replaces the Honourable Mr. Justice R.S. Brown who was appointed to the Court of Appeal.
The Honourable D. Blair Nixon - is appointed a Justice of the Court of Queen's Bench in Calgary. He replaces the Honourable Mr. Justice R.G. Stevens.
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
This Order, effective July 1, 2010, reflects the September, 2009 amendments to the CCAA.
Revised Explanatory Notes will be posted later. Accordingly, caution should be exercised when reviewing the existing Explanatory Notes. Please see the Commercial Practice section of this website for Explanatory Notes and Disclaimer.
Tuesday, July 06, 2010